Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update, or whatever...

So I've been here a few days now so I thought I would give a bit of an update as to what I've been up to. Anyway, here goes...

Tuesday, we went to a different town (Higashi-Murayama) where we went to a Buddhist temple. I don' remember the temple's name right now though, sorry. Then Tuesday night we started our language lessons that were to help prepare us for everyday use and talking with our host families. After that a bunch of us went to karaoke. I sang so much I got really hoarse. I even wound up singing one song entirely by myself (Don't Stop Me Now by Queen). The language lessons continued yesterday (Wednesday) and we also continued to explore the area we are in right now. We discovered a wonderful sweet shop (mmm... ichigo no keiki) right next to a wonderful little udon and soba shop. Yummy yummy food.

Today we got our first look at Waseda University as we had to take a Japanese placement test (very hard by the way...I did terrible though we don't get the scores until Monday). We also got a tour from the Rainbow Club who were AWESOME. I talked with a girl named Yuri in a sort of English-Japanese hybrid and we already have plans to go to karaoke and a bar together.

Anyway, I'm going to go now as I have a piece of cake waiting to be eaten...

No comments: