Saturday, September 20, 2008

More from Nihon

It has been a busy couple of days!

Kathy will be interested in this: On Friday we went to Asakusa which is home to a very famous Buddhist temple called Senso-ji. That's where the Thunder gate is. Of course, I will eventually have pictures to show you all, but right now, I'm still on a public computer. Between the gate and the temple is a line of little shops where I bought the cutest coin purse. Coin purses are incredibly useful here.

After Asakusa, we went to Shinjuku because a bunch of us wanted to buy electronic dictionaries. Also, just to look around. So I now have a fancy dictionary that I don't know how to use yet as I have not had any time to figure it out.

Yesterday we went to a museum of architecture that was basically like a little town of different styles of Japanese architecture. It was actually rather miserable as it was super hot and humid and the mosquitos were out it force. However, there was this giant group of kids and parents having a gigantic water war that looked so fun.

After the museum a bunch of us went to an onsen which felt wonderful especially after walking so much every single day since we got here.

Today is exciting because we get to find out about our host families! And there's the Waseda SILS opening ceremony and a party with the Rainbow club (all you can eat sushi, all you can drink, and all you can sing).

1 comment:

Kay Whiley said...

Ooooh, Thunder Gate. Cool. I think it is cool that I made it to your blog, and find it funny that no one knows why I find that cool except you. He he. But I do find that cool. I am jealous of your traipsing around a tiny crowded island country.

But here this: CUBS WIN! They are DIVISION CHAMPS, YO! Don't forget that in Japan! They like baseball there. ^_^

Anyway, have fun in Japan with your dictionary and coin purse (Yes, coin purses are wicked awesome)